During this period of remote instruction in response to COVID-19, advising will continue to take place remotely via email, phone, and Zoom. Please see below and email your advisor for an appointment.
General inquiries about courses or contacting an advisor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For General Education and University Requirements
- First-year Students are advised by the Undergraduate Advising Center
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are advised by the Advising Resource Center (ARC)
- Legacy B.A. in History
- B.A. in History (as of Fall 2019; majors who started before Fall 2019 may opt to continue on the Legacy path or utilize the new pattern)
- Minor in History
- Historical Research (Honors) Certificate
Faculty Advising By Student Last Name
A through D:
E through H:
I through M
N through S:
M/W: Maziar Behrooz email@example.com
T through Z:
- Trevor Getz email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Curtis: email: email@example.com (on sabbatical Spring 2021)
- Jessica Elkind: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The graduate coordinators, Professors Trevor Getz, Jessica Elkind and Sarah Curtis, provide general advising on course selection and program requirements. They also act as liaisons between the student and the university administration (the Graduate Division, the Office of Admissions and Records, and Student Services). Questions regarding university rules and regulations, forms and petitions, as well as matters of an official nature on a departmental level such as the culminating experience options should be directed to the graduate coordinators.
Students are also encouraged to identify graduate faculty who can help them plan courses of study in their chosen fields, serve on exam or thesis committees and provide advice about career opportunities in history.
Visit the Graduate Advising Center: The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from applications to graduation.
Graduate students should register for all classes online. Information about registration (timing, fees, and procedures) can be accessed through “MySFSU” on the campus website. Enrollment material is available for most classes in time for your priority registration date; however, schedule information and permit numbers for courses like HIST896, HIST898, and HIST899 will be made available during the first week of the semester.
- Online Request of Major or Minor: use pull down other academics menu in your Student Center
- Advising Hub: https://advisinghub.sfsu.edu/
- Tutoring Center: https://ueap.sfsu.edu/tutoring
- Career Center: https://csld.sfsu.edu/
- Counseling and Psychological Services: https://psyservs.sfsu.edu/
- Disability Programs and Resource Center: https://access.sfsu.edu/