Thursday: 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
My research interests include the study of states and families, early modern empires in the Indo-Islamic World, comparative colonialisms and nationalisms, modern Telugu literary criticism and globalization.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
Courses Recently Taught
- India and the British Empire
- India since Gandhi
- Classical Forms of South Asian Culture
- The University: Promise and Politics
- Decolonizing History
- History beyond Nation
- Historiography of World History
- Politics of empire in precolonial India
- Identity and cultural modernity in Telugu literature
Book Manuscripts under preparation:
- The Men Who Would Be King: The Nayakas of Vijayanagara, 1480-1620.
- A translation with critical commentary of the Tanjavuri Andhra Rajula Charitra, a 17th century Telugu court chronicle produced in Tanjavur, India.