(d.2003) Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, 1958
American Foreign Relations Pasker Chair in History
10. You can explain how your street got its name
9. You can do more than “Google” when it comes to research.
8. Once you’ve written a 20 page research paper you know you can do anything.
7. Game of Thrones makes a lot more sense.
6. A: History majors. Q: Who kicks butt in Jeopardy?
5. In the History Lounge (Science 270) you can find people seriously discussing the Romans, booze, elephants, and a bunch of other stuff we can’t put in writing.
Ph.D. 1934 U.C. Berkeley
Founding member of Department of History
At SF State 1999-2015
Nineteenth Century U.S. History
Left History Department in 1964
Ph.D. Ohio State University
Left History Department in 1969